Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why I missed out on a big trade...

On July 19th, I highlighted PWER as a potential going into the close of trading. However, I passed on the trade because Investor's Business Daily had their earnings announcement date as the 21st of July which was just two days away. So instead I bought shares in DTG, FFIV and NFLX.

It turned out that PWER was never going to report earnings until the 29th of July. Had I known that at the time I would definitely had been long PWER and been sitting on big gains now! However, there is no sense in dwelling on what could have been but instead focusing lessons learned.

I have learned that I need to be more comprehensive when searching for a stock's earnings announcement date by checking several sources. Hope this helps your own trading.

Good luck and good trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment