Sunday, January 30, 2011

How I plan to trade earnings breakouts....

In order to find stocks likely to break out on earnings I will use Briefing.com and Yahoo, In Play between about 8 am - 9:30 am and 3:30 pm and 5 pm to find stocks that have announced blow out earnings and/or guidance. Then I will look at their pre/after market charts using my TOS platform to see how the market reacted to the price action.

I will also use Finviz Elite to find stocks that are up big premarket. I will also use my TOS platform to check their charts to see if they are breaking out of a base. I will check news on the stock using Finviz and other sites like Yahoo and MSN etc... to find out the reason for the move and to discern if it is likely to lead to at least a one or two day burst.

I am also contemplating subscribing to the bluefin screener at the patientfisherman.blogspot.com, however, I am trying to keep costs low at the moment and therefore to stick to what I really need.

I will use the daily and weekly charts on Freestockcharts.com/ stockcharts.com to find important support and resistance levels and to look for patterns. I will also rely heavily on my TOS charts, level II and Time and sales in addition to the predetermined support/resistance levels to time entries and exits for these trades.

So that is my plan for earnings break outs in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment